YOUR STUDENTS WILL LOVE “PLAYING” OUR SEL LESSONS!
Liven up your social emotional learning curriculum with these FUN, low-prep & interactive SEL game lessons perfect for your elementary classroom or school counseling program. From character education, social skills, career exploration, growth mindset, mindfulness, coping skills, and book companion lessons based on some of the most popular social emotional learning & school counseling read aloud books, you’ll be ready to integrate social emotional learning into your classes all year long with these Game Shows.
Get 50% off with this bundle!
Each lesson comes out to just $1.50 each!
WAYS TO USE THESE LOW-PREP SEL ACTIVITIES
You can use our Game Shows as a stand-alone lesson, supplement, or review to the rest of your social emotional learning curriculum. Great for your small groups, too! Moreover, all the lessons are distance learning ready. They include both Google Slides™ and Power Point Presentation files. This allows you to use for SEL distance learning, teletherapy, virtual counseling groups, school counseling guidance and in person lessons.
What’s Super Sweet About THESE LESSONS?
The Game Show format is hands-on and experiential. Moreover, your students will use reflective thinking, cooperative learning, and be able to show off and build on their smarts in different ways. Plus, the questions and challenges are 100% customizable so if you like, you can edit them to better fit your specific needs. On top of that, the are low-prep, perfect for all you busy counselors and teachers! There’s even a school counseling guidance lesson plan included in each topic, too!
The Game Show Categories Are:
- ACT IT OUT: teams act out / role play the challenge prompt.
- TRUE or FALSE: teams decide whether the statement is true or false.
- SKETCH IT: teams quickly draw their answers.
- IMAGINE IF: teams answer “Imagine If” questions, using their imagination & problem solving skills.
- RISK: teams take a “risk” because the type of question and/or challenge is not revealed until chosen.
What’s needed to play the Game Show?
- If you are using the lessons in person, they are best used with a Promethean White Board or projector that that can be hooked up to your computer.
- If using for distance learning, all players need internet access. Share your screen with students!
- Want to go screen-free? No problem! The Game Shows also come with printable task cards with the same prompts as the Game Show challenges.
Provides lots of flexibility….
Given that a GAME SHOW takes 40-60 minutes to play, and sometimes we just don’t have that much time….or that a GAME SHOW works best projected on a large screen, and sometimes the technology breaks down….or that there are days when we walk into the classroom and just know that a whole classroom game is not going to fly that day….and sometimes students need more quiet, reflective activities……I have included more than 6 additional formats that do not require the use of the power point presentation or google slides™. (Note: the additional activities do involve some printing prep-work.)