HELP KIDS GET CALM AND FOCUSED WITH THE HOT COCOA BREATH
Download our free breathing exercise video for kids! Featuring a mindfulness activity called Hot Cocoa Breath. This exercises helps students self-regulate, focus, and feel more centered & calm. This video contains animations and narration, too! Plus, it’s fun to learn, can work wonders with transitions and establishing routines. In addition, this exercise helps to shift reactive and/or disassociated energy into receptive and engaged energy.
Ways to Use this Mindfulness Exercise
- Use as a Brain and Body Break to help with transitions and regulating mood and energy levels of your class (for both In-Person Learning and Distance Learning).
- Project on a smart board or shared computer screen
- Perfect for morning meetings or counseling sessions
- Integrate into small groups and individual counseling sessions.
- Incorporate into occupational therapy sessions
- Families can use this video at home, too!
- Save video on a device that can be used in your Calm Corner, so that students can use it when taking a break.
This free breathing exercise video for kids is a sample from my more comprehensive 30 Breathing & Movement Animated Videos package. Additionally, you can also find breathing exercises like this in our Mindfulness Brain Breaks resource, too!