TEACHING YOUNG PEOPLE HOW TO STEP INTO THEIR POWER
Download our free Ways to Build Self Esteem poster for teens. Features the top 50 tips that help young people develop self-compassion, agency, goals, and an unshakable sense of belonging and worthiness.
Even though the dictionary defines self-esteem is a noun, I prefer to think of it as a verb. Self-esteem is an action. We have to practice and do self-esteem to develop, reinforce, and have it.
Hang this free poster in your classroom, school counseling office, hallway bulletin board, calm down corner, or refrigerator or mirror at home.
Tips for Cultivating Self-Esteem
Some of suggestions listed in this SEL resource are:
- Show respect towards others and yourself.
- Treat yourself with kindness & compassion, even & especially when life gets hard.
- Do more of what helps you feel good about yourself.
- Choose friends who treat you how you want to be treated.
- Say “no” to things you are uncomfortable with.
- Ask for help and support.
- Be responsible for your choices at school & at home.
- Start a new hobby or sport. Join a club at school.
- Limit how much time you spend in front of screens.
- Set goals & work towards them, step by step.
This ways to build self esteem poster is also available in a different version with kid-friendly illustrations.