TURN YOUR STORE BOUGHT GAME INTO A SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING ONE!
Save TONS of money with these low-prep 32 Counseling Games covering relevant social emotional learning topics. Plus, with over 950 color & number coded SEL questions and prompts, you can use any store bought game you already have and easily transform it into a SEL game!
Draw a blue card, token, stick, or block? Respond to prompt in the blue category! Land on a green? Answer a green coded question! Roll the dice and get a 3? Respond to a #3 question!
Ways to Use
A breeze to use and packed with fun visual supports and engaging prompts, you’ll be grabbing this resource all the time for:
- small groups
- lunch bunches
- individual counseling
- distance learning
- intake interviews
- ice-breaker activities and rapport building
- adaptable for classroom guidance lessons
SEL Topics Covered:
- Boys Group
- CBT: Think-Feel-Act
- Children of Incarcerated Parents
- Classroom Guidelines
- Conflict Resolution
- Conversation Skills
- Coping Skills
- Digital Technology
- Executive Functioning
- Expected Behavior
- Flexible Thinking
- Getting To Know You
- Girls Group
- Goal Setting
- Growth Mindset
- Intake Interview
- Joy and Happiness
- Loss and Grief
- School Success
- Self-Regulation At School
- Social Skills
- Worry and Anxiety
How to Adapt Store Bought Games:
To adapt a store-bought game, play as you normally would, only this time if the player, for example, draws a blue card (token, stick or block) or lands on a blue space, they would answer a prompt in the blue category. Or say the game is directed by the roll of a dice: if they roll a 3, for example, the player would answer a prompt in the number 3 category.
How to Use as a Stand Alone Social Emotional Learning Game:
You can use this product without having a store bought game. This resource is also designed to work all on its own, too!
One option is to simply take turns rolling the DIY dice and answer the corresponding prompts. Another option is to play using one of the Make Your Own Boards. Roll either the numbered or colored dice and move the game pawn forward based on the number or color rolled.
There are 5 prompts/questions/challenges in each of the 6 sections. If you’d like to keep track of which prompts have been answered, simply check off the box to the left.
The Categories Are:
- TOP 3: Player shares what their 3 best/3 favorite/3 highest ranked/”top 3″ answers are.
- COMPLETE IT: Player completes the sentence.
- TRUE or FALSE: Player responds to the statement with either “true” or “false.”
- WHAT IF: Player responds by answering what they would do in a particular situation.
- RISK: Player answers and/or follows the directions, many of which are experiential and role-play based.
- YOU JUST: Player places themselves in a situation that hypothetically just happened and answer the prompt.
Looking for other social emotional learning games? You might want to check out our SEL Card Games, which come in both print and digital formats. A few of the topics include self-esteem, growth mindset, self-control, and coping with anxiety.