THINGS YOU CAN TELL YOURSELF WHEN YOU FEEL ANXIOUS
Download our free positive affirmations for anxiety poster. This free social emotional learning poster features coping statements to relate to anxiety. Using positive self-talk can help decrease stress, increase your sense of having an internal locus of control, and remind you that you are resilient. Hang in your classroom, hallway bulletin board, school counseling office, or fridge at home.
TOP 10 ANXIETY COPING STATEMENTS
- This feeling won’t last forever.
- Thoughts and emotions aren’t facts.
- I can feel anxious and still handle this.
- My bravery is stronger than my fear.
- I am safe right now.
- Anxiety is reminding me to slow down my breathing.
- I’ve survived other tough times before, and I will be resilient this time, too.
- This feeling is a normal reaction. I will use my coping tools to respond with thoughtfulness and self-compassion.
- I don’t have to figure this all out right now; I will trust the process.
- Thank you anxiety for always trying to look out for me, but it’s okay now; I got this.
If you find these positive affirmations for anxiety helpful, you might also like our free What to Do When I Make a Mistake and What To Tell Myself When I Feel Discouraged posters.