10 TIPS FOR IMPROVING SELF-ESTEEM
Download this free ways to build self-esteem pdf! Focusing on actionable steps, this fun and colorful SEL poster reminds us that self-esteem is more than just a state of mind. Rather, it is also a verb; self-esteem is something that happens in the doing.
Use as classroom or office decor. Or distribute to your students, and challenge them to try each of the 10 suggestions. Discuss ways in which they are already agents of their own lives, and talk about what more they would like to focus on, to become an even greater author of their life story.
WholeHearted School Counseling’s Self-Esteem Tips
- Identify your needs, wants & hopes. And make choices that move you closer to them…not farther away.
- Stand up tall. Literally. Good posture improves confidence.
- Focus on your effort and view challenges and mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Talk to yourself like you would to a good friend, with kindness, compassion, and a good sense of humor.
- Create. Build. Make art. Follow your curiosities…do more of what helps you to fell more like amazing, lovable, grounded YOU.
- Unplug. Go outside. Breathe. And listen to the birds, breeze and wise voice within.
- Decide what is okay and not okay with you. Then hold your boundaries and stay true to your values.
- Connect with others. And spend time with people who treat you the way you want to be treated.
- Exercise daily, eat healthy food, drink plenty of water and get at least 9 hours of sleep each night.
- Laugh. Play. Have fun. Play. Get silly.