WAYS TO TREAT YOURSELF WITH COMPASSION
Download our free tips for self-compassion poster! Geared for teen girls and young women, this printable suggests 8 different ways to build self-esteem. Each of the strategies are doable, specific and action-based. Making it a helpful reference guide for school counselors, therapists, teachers, and even families, too. Available in full color, light color, and black and white printing options.
Ways to Practice Self-Compassion Tips
- Trust your brave, wise voice within. She knows the way through.
- Imagine what the most meaningful life would look like to you, then take a step towards that.
- Do the basics when in doubt: drink water, exercise, rest, laugh, cry, sing, talk, listen, hug.
- Choose creating over consuming (unless you get to consume something with chocolate….then choose that.)
- Check in with and hold your boundaries.
- Stop scrolling, unplug, and be present in this world in your own beautiful body and breath.
- Practice self-compassion over seeking perfection and self-forgiveness over self-judgment.
- Give yourself permission to feel all the feelings. And pay attention to what your feelings are telling you that you need.
For other self-esteem building interventions, click here. You may also want to download our free 50 Ways to Build Self-Esteem poster, too!