10 TIPS FOR HEALTHY FRIENDSHIPS!
Download our free tips for making and keeping friends. Great for social skills lessons on friendship. In addition to small groups and individual counseling focused on social skills. Pass the tips out to students. Or hang in your classroom, counseling office, or hallway bulletin board.
The friendship tips for kids are:
- To have good friends you have to be a good friend.
- The more you know and like yourself, the easier it will be to find friends who treat you the way you wish to be treated.
- Try to have lots of different kinds of friends. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all friend.
- One way to meet new friends is to follow your curiosities, interests, and passions. In other words, do what you like to do and you will likely meet others who share common interests as you.
- Make friends with people who like and accept you for YOU.
- Good friends listen to each other, encourage each other, show they are interested in each other, respect one another, and help each other out.
- Conflict between friends is normal; a good friend will put in the effort to work it out.
- Refuse to say unkind things about your friends, even when they make a mistake. (Because we all make mistakes sometimes.)
- If you make a mistake, apologize. If your friend makes a mistake, try to forgive them and move on.
- Find ways to show your friends that you appreciate and care about them.
For additional tips for making and keeping friends, you will love our Friendship Card Game! And if you are looking for more Social Emotional Learning Posters, you might love this SEL poster bundle resource.