7 THINGS TO SAY TO KIDS DURING TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
Download our tips for what to say when supporting children in uncertain times. This free Social Emotional Learning and School Counseling Poster provides suggestions for what adults can tell kids when they feel scared or anxious during experiences of uncertainty.
- We don’t know what will happen or when it will end. But this won’t last forever.
- It’s totally normal to feel worried, sad, disappointed, or even angry in situations like this. Let’s see how we can take good, kind care of your feelings.
- We will take it one step at a time and focus on what we do have control over, like doing that help us to stay safe, taking care of ourselves, and being gentle, forgiving and kind with each other.
- What questions do you have? What are you wondering about?
- I am here and I’ve got your back, sweetheart.
- This is really hard right now. But I also know that we can deal with this and get through this together.
- Even though we don’t have all the answers right now, when we know more, I will let you know, too.
Be sure to also download our free Feelings Check-In and Coping Skills printable for also supporting children in uncertain times. And for more comprehensive supportive resources, you will find helpful coping tools here.