DOWNLOAD OUR FREE FREE SFBT CHECK-IN SCALE
Use this free solution focused scale to check in with your students. In addition to to help kids and teens problem solve to find simple, concrete solutions. And invite students to self-reflect on what’s already working.
SFBT scaling questions help students and clients problem solve and communicate strengths and resiliences. Scaling helps us to get out of extreme black or white or all or nothing thinking. Conversely, scaling invites us to focus on the in-between shades of gray. This opens up the possibilities for making small improvements. Solution focused counseling tools assume that there are exceptions to every problem, and scaling invites us to focus on a preferred future. One step by step at a time.
This free solution focused scale pdf asks, “On a scale of 1 to 10, how are you doing?” It also includes the following questions:
- What would move you up a number or two?
- What is helping you to cope and get through these tougher times?
- When things are going better, what will you notice is different?
- What is helping you to be here (if it is a high number)?
- In addition, what can you do more of to stay here or move up?
- And what does being at this number tell you that you need?