THINGS YOU CAN TELL YOURSELF WHEN YOU’RE HAVING A TOUGH TIME
Download our free Reminders for Hard Days publication. Our SEL poster contains helpful ways to reframe thoughts during difficult times. It contains a collection of some of my favorite, inspiring coping statements. Best of all, this free social emotional learning resource is available not only as a printable poster, but as a video, too! Be sure to take a look at the Reminders for Hard Days video below by clicking on the “video preview” tab.
Reminders for Hard Days Positive Affirmations
- A bad day does not equal a bad life….You are not this struggle.
- Not all thoughts are true. (Phew)
- Feelings are not facts…But all your feelings are valid, real, and allowed.
- The only way out is through…DARN IT!
- Your worth is not contingent on circumstances. You are LOVABLE and ENOUGH always.
- Nothing stays the same. Life guarantees this.
- You can’t be everything to everyone. But you can be true to yourself.
- Be gentle with yourself. And trust your inner voice, strength, and resilience.
- You’re not alone. It’s okay to ask for help…And be vulnerable.
- Focus on the things you can control. Let go of the rest…This is easier said than done.
Make sure to check out our collection of free SEL resources, many of which contain other helpful coping statements. You may also really enjoy our Positive Self-Talk Game, in addition to our Positive Self Talk Lesson, which teaches kids the difference between their inner critic versus their inner coach.