TEACHING KIDS CONFLICT RESOLUTION SKILLS
The conflict resolution for kids bundle is jam packed with tools to help elementary students solve problems peacefully. Learning how to resolve conflicts is one of the most important social emotional learning skills we can teach young people. This collection of SEL activities include community-building lessons, visual supports and a fun fortune teller game activity. In addition, it includes our effective and engaging step by step conflict resolution guide for kids.
Students will practice and learn about how to use I-Statements, to share and take turns, to get calm first, to find win-win solutions, and to apologize when you make a mistake. Best of all, after using these SEL activities, kids will start learning how to be peaceful problem solvers all on their own without needing adult intervention.
Ways To Use:
The SEL resources included in this bundle will help with your classroom management. The lessons and activities are a great supplement to your SEL curriculum. Moreover, you can use these resources as interventions with individual students who need extra support with conflict resolution skills. The step by step choice board works wonders during mediation. And you can even use some of these peaceful problem solving tools to help kids during recess.
Social Emotional Learning Activities Included:
- Step by Step Guide to help students resolve conflicts on their own.
- Conflict Resolution Quiz Show style lesson.
- How to Create I-Messages Quiz Show style lesson.
- Fortune Tellers (both pre-formatted and DIY) Craft / Game.
- Conflict Resolution Card Game.
- Social Skills Game that works stand alone or can transform store bought games into therapeutic ones.