10 Tips for Dealing with Anxiety
Download our free stress management tips social emotional learning poster. In particular, this pdf contains suggestions for ways to cope with anxiety. In other words, to pay attention to the what anxiety might be telling you that you need right now. Hang this printable poster up in your counseling office, classroom, hallway bulletin board or even refrigerator at home. Perfect for use with middle and high school aged students. Helpful for adults, too!
As illustrated in this resource…
Anxiety Might Be A Reminder To
- Turn off the screen.
- Focus on what is within your control.
- Remember that not all thoughts are true.
- Deal with something you have been avoiding.
- Take a few (or many) slow, deep & focused breaths.
- Check in and listen to your wise voice within.
- Treat yourself with gentle loving kindness.
- Exercise (this helps to burn off the stress hormone cortisol).
- Get more sleep.
- Simply notice that you are feeling anxiety, without judgment.
Working with kids and teens on anxiety and stress management tips? There’s no better way to learn about coping strategies than through games. We have several effective SEL resources that get young people engaged, including Coping with Anxiety Card Game and 50 Coping Tools for Kids lesson and worksheets.