DOWNLOAD OUR FEELING CHECK-IN AND SEL JOURNAL FREEBIE!
Students love our free social emotional learning activities, sampled from our SEL JOURNAL BUNDLE. This download contains 10 different journal pages, each teaching different SEL skills. In addition to helping you check in on your students’ social and emotional wellness.
Specifically, each prompt includes a feelings a scale for emotion identification. According to many teachers and counselors who have use this with their students, this feelings check-in is often the most helpful part of the resource. As it provides adults insight into where students are at and how they’re doing emotionally.
For instance, topics include self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsibility and decision making.
Great for morning meetings, journal writing, and school counseling interventions. Moreover, you can use virtually or in person. That is to say, these free social emotional learning activities are available in both Google Slides™ and printable formats. In addition, the pdfs come in color and black and white printable options.
SEL Journal Topics Included
- Feelings scale grouped by worried/anxious, excited/optimistic and sad/disappointed. In addition, there are also happy/content, bored/indifferent, and angry/annoyed color coded scales.
- Gratitude jar activity, which invites students to write or draw about things they feel thankful for.
- Support team worksheet that asks students to write down the people in their life they can turn to for help and connection.
- Positive self-talk activity.
- Problem solving plan worksheet
- What is and isn’t empathy mini-lesson.
- Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Mini-lesson about filtering your thoughts and thinking before you speak.
- Thinking and writing about what you value.
- And lastly, friendship dos and don’ts.
For more free social emotional learning activities, be sure to check out our huge library of downloadable freebies!