SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES FOR A TRAUMA SENSITIVE CLASSROOM
Are you looking for social emotional learning activities and trauma informed classroom management tools? If so, you will love our Calm Classroom Bundle. The SEL resources in this kit focus on prevention, emotion regulation, and compassionate classroom practices. In addition, there are tons of calming activities in this bundle that can help with classroom management.
Works for small groups, individual counseling, and at home learning, as well!
Social Emotional Learning Resources Included in this Bundle:
- The Calm Corner Kit includes over 100 school-friendly calming interventions. Moreover, the printable and digital kit comes in 3 different sizes for whole classroom or personalized kits. Use in your calm down corner area or make students their own individual kits that they can keep stored in their desk or even take home.
- Your Brain and the Stress Response is a lesson about what happens to the brain when its stressed. The story lesson is available as narrated video, googles slides presentation, or printable pdf. After sharing the story, you can choose from the many social emotional learning activities that reinforce the lesson.
- 30 Animated Breathing and Movement Exercise Videos are perfect for brain breaks, transition times, and self-regulation. Each exercise comes in either an animated video or printable pdf.
- Yoga and Stretches for the Classroom are a collection of calming movements and stretches that help kids get calm and focused.
- Social Emotional Journal Daily Check-Ins includes over 220 quick mini-lessons and writing prompts based on the 5 SEL domains: self-awareness, self-management, relationship skills, social awareness, & responsibility and decision making.
- Learning From Mistakes Repair Plans are restorative behavior reflection “think sheets”. This classroom management tool helps students learn from mistakes. In addition, it the worksheets and choice board invite students to voice their unmet needs and plan for different choices in the future. Moreover, it helps guide students to make amends to those who have been harmed.